Monday, October 16, 2017

Did G-d use Evolution in Creation?


בס"ד
A very interesting topic by Rabbi Ephraim Sprecher, Dean of Students, Diaspora Yeshiva:
It is important to understand that the Rabbi is not saying that the evolution of Darwin is valid. Hashem used an evolutionary process, but controlled every fine detail. The concept of evolution happening by accident and not by Hashem's control is ludicrous. Everything comes from Hashem even a step by step evolutionary process.

The concept of human-like creatures before the first human beings is well known. There were actually 974 generations of human-like creatures before Adam and Eve. All the findings of Paleontologists of human like creatures (Neanderthal, homo-erectus, homo-sapiens, Cro-Magnon, etc) is a very incomplete list since we know that it totals 974 different species. Why Hashem created all these prehistoric species before the first humans is a very complicated topic. But, since Adam to Moshe Rabbeinu is 26 generations, we see that the mention in Tenach about the Israelites being the thousandth generation, now becomes clear (Exodus 20:6 and Deuteronomy 7:9).

One additional clarification is the age of the universe. For more details, go to my post of 3 Apr 2012 entitled:
The Age of the Universe

15 comments:

  1. I think the rabbi was talking about the demons conceived by Adam and Lilith for 130 years after dumping Chava because of the sin, but I never heard there were 974 generations of human-like creatures BEFORE Adam. I knew that the Torah was written with black fire on white fire (whatever that means) 2,000 years before Hashem created the world, but I didn't know there were other humanoid creatures. That's a chidush.

    I'm a little bit familiar with this topic since I have the frequent problem of night pollutions, unfortunately. Sometimes Lilith visits my dreams as a woman I saw on the street, sometimes she comes pretending to be my own mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rabbi Dovid Brown's magnificant book, Miracles of Creation, explains everything about this subject and more. I read it over and over and over again... It is so helpful to understand these first few parshiot of the Torah in an extremely profound and deep way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good. That is where I saw much of this information for the first time somewhere around 1998 just after the book came out (1997). Excellent book; I highly recommend it.

      Delete
  3. Harav Yosef Shani
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTdqdDr10U&pbjreload=10
    astound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize that this is in Hebrew and is over two hours long. It is very interesting and I encourage our Hebrew speaking readers to listen.

      Masa Nefesh, Part 1 by Rabbi Yosef Shani, Shlita.
      The whole story of the journey of the soul, the essence and degrees of the eagle and the Exodus without an eagle - a passage from a documented journey of soul, in which the person who left the body observed the past, and saw the act of the spies and spoke with them. He also entered the Third Temple, which stands ready in the skies of the earth above the Temple Mount.

      Delete
    2. Part II
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6OKnA6V0U&pbjreload=10

      Delete
  4. I believe the book is called "Mysteries of the Creation" by Rabbi Dovid Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. I didn't realize that the comment that I received had the wrong title, especially since I was holding the book in my hand when I commented.
      Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you and 'Miriam" for mentioning the book. I was not previously aware of it but now hope to read it.

      Delete
  5. Joel 2:30
    "I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke.

    Isaiah 13:10
    For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light.

    Joel 2:31
    "The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.

    http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/10/signs-and-wonders-red-october-afternoon.html
    I was going to post some images of the weird sky we had all day. The sunset got very strange as well. I could safely look at the red orb as it was getting larger and larger, without the usual eye pain for at least two hours prior to our local sunset in Moscow. I managed to take plenty of images too from my roof.
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Furix%2F_mystisk-morke_-undersokes-i-sverige-1.13736835&edit-text=&act=url

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darkness
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWjv6yBbnI&pbjreload=10

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nibiru news https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty5abLWrfLU&pbjreload=10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greater Monsey: please write me a private message about the subject you are bringing up. I will tell you the truth without involving my readers.

    ReplyDelete