Sunday, September 4, 2016

Elul is Here

                                                                                         בס"ד
There is a fellow who owns a jewelry store in Israel. One day a nine year old girl walked into the store and said, “I am here to buy a bracelet.” She looked through the glass cases and pointed to a bracelet that was $3,000. The man behind the counter asked her, “You want to buy that bracelet?”

“Yes,” she replied.

“Wow, you have very good taste. Who do you want to buy it for?”

“For my older sister.”

“Oh that is so nice!” the storekeeper replied. “Why do you want to buy your older sister this bracelet?”

“Because I don’t have a mother or father,” the little girl said, “and my older sister takes care of us. So we want to buy her a present, and I’m willing to pay for it.” She pulled out of her pocket a whole bunch of coins that totaled just under eight Shekels, a little less than two dollars.

The fellow says, “Wow! That’s exactly what the bracelet costs!” While wrapping up the bracelet he said to the girl, “You write a card to your sister while I wrap the bracelet.” He finished wrapping the bracelet, wiped away his tears, and handed the little girl the bracelet.

A few hours later the older sister entered the store. “I’m terribly embarrassed,” she said. “My sister should not have come here. She shouldn’t have taken it without paying.” “What are you talking about?” the storekeeper asked.

“What do you mean? This bracelet costs thousands of dollars. My little sister doesn’t have thousands of dollars – she doesn’t even have ten dollars! Obviously she didn’t pay for it.”

“You couldn’t be more wrong,” the storekeeper replied. “She paid me in full. She paid seven Shekels, eighty Agorot and a broken heart. I want to tell you something. I am a widower. I lost my wife a number of years ago. People come into my store every single day. They come in and buy expensive pieces of jewelry, and all these people can afford it. When your sister walked in, for the first time in so very long since my wife had died, I once again felt what love means.”

He gave her the bracelet and wished her well.

During the High Holy Days, we come to the Almighty and we want to buy something very expensive. We want to buy life. But we cannot afford it. We don’t have enough money to pay for it. We don’t have the merits. So we come to the Almighty and we empty out our pockets, giving him whatever merits we have plus promises for the future. I’ll pick up the phone and call someone who is lonely, I will learn an extra five minutes of Torah, I will be kind and I will be scrupulous about not speaking Lashon Harah (gossip) for one hour a day.

The Almighty says, “You don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve felt what love means.” He sees how much we love Him and how much we yearn to improve, and He says, “You know what? You have touched my heart. Here it is, paid in full.”

The story was told over by Rabbi Go’el Elkarif who said he heard it from the person himself.

I thank one of my dear readers for this story. It touches the heart on every single level.

Elul is the time to do the best Teshuvah possible in preparation for the coming year. This year is different than any other year in history. We are now preparing for Moshiach and the worldwide redemption. That means that instead of preparing for a good year to come, we are preparing for a tremendous eternity, forever and ever. Don’t miss the opportunity, it won’t come again.

-----------------------------------------------

Warning to the Children of Israel - Elul 5776 in bible code Glazerson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64cC77MyGg
-----------------------------------------------
Extra note of interest:
One of the signs that I have been following is the increase in earthquake activity amongst other phenomenon.  In  the past 24 hours (4 AM Israeli time) there were 69 earthquakes worldwide with 9 of the being over 5 in intensity.  22 were in the US with 2 being 5.6. I was amazed at seeing 30 to 40 a day consistently, but never have I seen 69 in a day.  This is truly a sign of the Nibiru solar system enclosing on Earth.  When?  I still don't know, but earthquake, volcanic eruptions, hurricane and tropical storm activity, flooding, fires, pole shift, etc, are all becoming erratic enough to suspect we are very close.

9 comments:

  1. Shalom Rav Menachem, thank you for that moving story. Thank you also for your standing as a watchman on the wall. Your warnings and encouragement are much appreciated.

    I remember a time when earthquakes and volcanoes in far away places made headline news. Now they are so prevalent that most go unreported. My father who is a retired marine engineer, has a theory that the millions of barrels of oil that are pumped out of the earth daily would lead to an increase and severity in quake activity. He speculates that the oil acts as a lubricant for the tectonic plates as they shift, and a decrease in the amount of underground oil would increase the friction between plates as they shift. If he is indeed correct then mans relentless quest for oil may be contributing to the demise of this beautiful planet that HaShem created. It might actually increase the destructive effects of Nibiru in its approach. The day of reckoning is coming soon.

    Shalom u'vracha. Ray



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some merit in what your father is saying, but let me expand the thought to many activities the we have done to weaken the Earth. Underground nuclear testing is an example.

      Delete
    2. Brought tears to my eyes.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree! The Bikini Atoll and French Polynesia testing in what once was one of the most pristine places on Earth. The underground bunkers are leaking radioactive elements into the Pacific. They spent millions trying to cover it up, but not a dime to fix it. Fracking is another form of insanity that is rapidly destroying the aquifers and wells. Frying the ionosphere with RF, GM insects released into the wild, the list of self destructive activities is unending. The relentless wave of insanity like a tsunami sweeping across the globe is the only possible outcome for a Torah rejecting world. Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom Rav Menachem,
    I think that you are absolutely right to think that Moshiach is coming this year even though only one month is left before Rosh Hashana. Also , I believe it is not a coincidence that Rav Eliezer Berland is back in Israel before the New Year. This is a very good sign and Hashem is showing us exactly what he is about to do. Indeed, I am almost certain that Rav Berland has taken upon himself tremendous suffering so that he can redeem Bene Yisrael before Nibiru gets here because I think Rav Berland is the Moshiach. And just as Moshe Rabbeinu disappeared for several years and reappeared to redeem the Jewish people so to Rav Berland disappeared for a few years and now he has reappeared to redeem us. Like I said before this is a very good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that they downgraded the rating system for earthquakes because they were too high - or - not to alarm people.
    Very cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJVMAUPAtgw

    ReplyDelete
  6. BH

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=578e6416-0000-2f4e-ab26-001a114e3a6c&feature=iv&src_vid=I8-OqM4w85k&v=omFT8khDPD0

    Shema Israel!
    The reality as we know its about to end...
    Hashem is talking to us.
    We have to listen.
    I have to listen.
    Sara from Mexico City.
    Shalom uBraja le kulam!

    ReplyDelete